Sarah focuses her practice on estate planning, estate and trust administration, guardianships and conservatorships, and estate litigation. She also assists clients with formation of business entities, business succession planning, and corporate maintenance.
Sarah was recognized in Super Layers, 2022 and 2023 Virginia Rising Stars; in Coastal Virginia Magazine in 2020 through 2023 as a Top Lawyer for Wills, Trusts and Estates; and in Best Lawyers 2020, 2021, and 2022: Ones to Watch in Litigation - Trust & Estates.
Sarah has significant experience advising clients to plan for death and disability. Developing plans which incorporate trust funding and business succession planning where appropriate, she works to help clients achieve their estate planning objectives while also ensuring those objectives are implemented efficiently and effectively.
Sarah also advises trustees and court appointed executors in the administration of trusts and estates in the Commonwealth. She brings a unique and valuable perspective to her estate planning and estate administration practice after working as a paralegal for over six years in law firms in Arizona, Alaska, and Virginia prior to attending law school.
Recognition & Honors:
- Recognized by Super Lawyers: 2022-2023 Virginia Rising Stars
- Recognized as a 2020-2023 “Top Lawyer” for Coastal Virginia's Magazine in Wills, Trusts and Estates
- Recognized as a 2020-2022 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch– Litigation Trust and Estates
- Law clerk, Second Judicial Circuit of Virginia
- Judicial intern to the Honorable Mark S. Davis, in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- National Association of Women Lawyers Outstanding Graduate Award recipient
- Senior Editor, Regent University Law Review
- Book Awards for achieving the top grade in Contracts I, Civil Procedure I, Civil Procedure II, Evidence, UCC I, Drafting Contracts, Elder Law, Advanced Evidence, and Constitutional Criminal Procedure.
Court & Bar Admissions:
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Beach Bar Association
- President, Virginia Women Attorneys Association, Hampton Roads Chapter
- Board of Governors, Virginia State Bar Trust & Estates Section
- Hampton Roads Estate Planning Counsel
- Regent University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Arizona Global Campus, B.S.